Monday, April 13, 2020

Dancing in the rain

When I feel my hope about to break
I will cling to Your unchanging grace
Let the waters come and the earth give way
I'll be dancing in the rain!
My feet are on the rock

Those words from the chorus of My Feet are on the Rock by I Am They feel so needed as we enter another week of social distancing. I am sure there are a lot of people who feel like their hope is about to break. They are sick and tired of staying home, of staying away from people. We are all getting a little stir crazy by now. But I love the response in these words. When our hope seems to be fading - we cling to God’s unchanging grace. We grab onto it and hold on tight. And then no matter what happens - if the waters rise, if the earth gives way - we will be just fine. We have that unchanging grace. And so in the midst of the storm we can dance in the rain. Our feet are on the rock and so nothing can shake us. 

Psalm 18:2 says “The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.”

This week as we face another week of uncertainty, another week of wondering when we might be able to start getting back to normal - take refuge in our amazing God. Let Him be your stronghold, the one you place your trust in and the one you find joy in. Then no matter what the next days, weeks or even months bring - you can be dancing in the rain. You just need to plant your feet on The Rock - he won’t change no matter what happens around you and He can hold you up when everything else seems to be caving in. 


Love you guys - see you soon.
‭‭

Enjoy the LEGO version of the song: https://youtu.be/_XevDJ0h9PI

No comments:

Post a Comment