Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Greetings from Qatar

For those of you that know me well, you will not believe the following statement, but I promise it’s true - I had a vegetarian panini for dinner, or lunch, or whatever meal it is we were eating. After a 14 hour flight and moving across 8 time zones i’m not really sure what meal we were eating when we got here,  but I know it was good. Egg plant, jalapeño, tomato, and some kind of goat/sheep milk based cheese that was all very good.

And if you’ve ever watched the movie Inception and felt lost, try adding in the fact that you are watching it in the middle of a red eye flight around the world and it was even more fun trying to keep up with whose dream you are in, not to mention wishing you were just dreaming yourself because you were sound asleep.  But it was a great flight. Being on an airplane big enough that I can stand up and stretch my arms above my head is nothing short of a modern marvel in my book. Add in the huge video library available in the headrest in front of me and I feel like Paul is shaking his head at how spoiled we are on our missionary journey.

Spending the last several hours in the self proclaimed Gateway to the World airport in Qatar has been interesting, plenty of people from what feels like every tribe, tongue and nation, hardly ever heard English as I passed by people today, which has been fun. And yet in the middle of all of it, so many things that are familiar, from Burger King to Kit Kats, Star Wars to Disney Princesses - it was a great reminder that despite plenty of differences, we are also quite the same sometimes. Made me more excited to share life together with some new family members in Siuth Africanfor the next week.

Keep praying for our team, we are about to get on another flight....only like 9 hours this time....and we’ve had fun dealing with a couple of curveballs already, and there will certainly be more to come.
But we are all looking forward to joining God in what He is doing in Pretoria.

No comments:

Post a Comment