Tuesday, March 27, 2018

A Leap of Faith

Sometimes you have to just jump in with both feet, or in this case press the gas pedal with one foot and then remember to drive on the wrong side of the road. That's right I got to drive yesterday and actually it was awesome. It helps to be driving a nice new rental car as opposed to what I drove the last time I was out of the country, but that time at least I was on my normal side of the road. But driving in Pretoria is quite the adventure. Pastor Julius likes to tell us to drive like a South African, which is a lot like driving Peruvian style.

We also had the privilege of leading a teacher training and bible studies yesterday. The training was great, but getting to sit in on the "youth" bible study was really awesome for me. I used quotes on youth because when we started asking how old they were the answers were all like mid 20s, which I thoroughly enjoyed being with. We had some great discussion and one of the especially talkative young men had borrowed my bible. His name is Boris and I asked him if he had a bible, and he said just a small one, and indicated with his fingers that it was likely a small Gideon testament. So I offered him the one he had borrowed, since that was precisely why I brought that one. He lit up and had me fill out the front cover with him. He wanted all my contact information so he could keep in touch. It was a really great moment, so glad God let me be a part of it.

Today we head out into the neighborhood around the church to share our stories with people. Pray God gives us boldness to share and opens people's hearts to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment